1.The share of national income going to the top 1% has doubled since 1979.
2. The bottom half of America owns 2.5% of country’s wealth. The top 1% owns a third of it.
3. Taxes on the highest earners are close to the lowest they’ve ever been
4. While productivity has increased, inflation-adjusted wages have been flat for fifty years
5. CEO pay has skyrocketed 300% since 1990. Corporate profits have doubled. Average “production worker” pay has increased 4%. The minimum wage has dropped.
6. Top CEOs earn around 1,723 times as much as the average worker. In 1970 this number was 45.
7. The top 0.1% in America are doing way better than the top 0.1% in other first-world countries
8. America has the highest income inequality of any country in the developed world
9. Not to get caught up in race, but the average white American is worth 15 times as much as the average black American
10. There’s also a generation gap… The median net worth of people under 35 has dropped 68% since 1984, while seniors have gotten 42% richer
See more facts on Business Insider.